Saturday, July 21, 2012

Our son the piggy bank!

Brayden gave us quiet a scare this past week. On Wednesday we had been spending time at grandpas swimming, cooking out, having a great time until we got in the car and things took a scary turn. I am driving down the road and suddenly hear him gagging..I turn around and see him vomiting! At first glance I think he is just sick to his stomach. He would not stop crying and continued to vomit several times...all the while I am asking him a ton of questions just to find out what was wrong. He finally manages to tell me he has swallowed a COIN! Not knowing where he got it, what size of it or anything I call 338-KIDS..a local 24/7 nurses line...explained what the situation was and they advise us to go to the Emergency Room! So Brayden and I head that way..by now it has been 20 mins of vomiting/crying/screaming. We get to the ER parking lot and he vomits once again....this time..bringing up the coin! A QUARTER!! He seemed to immediately feel better, a did I! We did not even have to make it into the ER doors thank goodness!! He has since been fine and I believe all the kids learned a very valuable lesson from that night!

No comments:

Post a Comment